Abdul Qavi Desnavi was an Indian Urdu language writer, critic, bibliographer, and linguist.
- He was Born on November 1, 1930 in Desna village of Bihar
- From fiction to biography and poetry, Desnavi has written a vast number of Urdu texts over a span of five decades
- His important work was about Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Mirza Ghalib and Allama Muhammad Iqbal.
- Among his major works were Hayat-e-Abul Kalam Azad, a book on freedom fighter Maulana Abul Kalam Azad published in 2000.
- Some of his other famous works include Sat Tahriren, Motala-E-Khotoot Ghalib and Talash-E-Azad
- His other major works include ‘Urdu Shairi Ki Gyarah Aawazein’, ‘Bachchon Ka Iqbal’, ‘Allama Iqbal Bhopal Mein’, ‘Ek Shahar Panch Mashahirs’, and ‘Bhopal Aur Ghalib’.
- He was awarded with several awards for his literary work.
- 1st November 2017,Abdul Qavi Desnavi’s 87th birth anniversary celebrated with a Google Doodle
- He was also a mentor to other renowned Urdu writers such as Javed Akhtar and Iqbal Masood.
- Desnavi passed away on July 7, 2011, in Bhopal at the age of 80.
Source: Photo/Wikimedia Commons